We are very excited to launch the very first issue of the ETHICAL REBEL magazine for those who want to be sure that the clothes they buy are made ethically ie they are not made by slaves or children and don\'t pollute local rivers or the oceans. They want clothes that are made by workers in safe conditions, paid at a fair wage and are benficial to the environment.
In each issue we feature:
- ethical fashion brands that care as much about people and the planet as they do about making amazing clothes;
- the ethical issues these brands are tackling; and
- an overview of progress being made in the fashion industry on key ethical issues
There are so many issues that need to be tackled in the fashion industry but for our first issue we decided to focus on:
- wage slavery (use of sweatshops and trafficking in the supply chain);
- pollution and the environment; and
- the rebuilding of local fashion industries
In future issues we plan to unpick, among other things: how pricing wars undermine your pay and the economy; the psychology of advertising; the use of undersized and underage fashion models; model abuse; lack of real-size models; design theft; and manipulative marketing.